Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 7 PM in the dining room (cafeteria) of the Bristol Senior Center, 240 Stafford Ave., Bristol. We will begin with a short business meeting, followed by refreshments (no silent auction!), and then the program.
It’s our ANNUAL AUCTION!!! Rules are listed below and will be included, along with auction slips, in the next bulletin. There are always some wonderful pieces (and some great bargains) to be had at this event.
Hope to see you there!
1. You must be a Club member in good standing (dues paid for the current year) in order to sell; however, anyone is allowed to buy. Our membership chairperson will be at the auction to take those last-minute dues.
2. You may auction up to three items. You will receive 80% of the sale price of all items. The Club will keep the remaining 20%. Because of the calculations involved in cashing out the auction for multiple sellers, you may not get your proceeds until the next meeting.
3. Minimum bids shall not be less than $1. You may specify a higher minimum. The item will be returned to you if the minimum is not met.
4. All materials must be accompanied by an official auction slip. Several slips are included in the bulletin, for your convenience. There will be more available at the auction, in the event that you need more of them. See instructions below for filling out the auction slips.
5. You may donate specimens for auction with 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Club.
6. Preferred auction items are items properly pertaining to the geological sciences or lapidary art (including, but not limited to mineral specimens, tools, jewelry, fossils, and publications).